I know it has been several days since I posted last. I just can't seem to get more than a couple of posts in a week. Oh well, I guess a couple is better than none. Right? LOL I have been busy this week. We had storms in the area for the past couple of days. I don't have the computer on during storms. We have had too many lightning strikes on top of this hill. A couple of years ago a strike of lightning hit our modem and absolutely fried it. The tech who came to repair it, said he had never seen one fried so bad. It had black smoke damage coming out of every opening. He recommended strongly that we unplug things when it is stormy, so we do. (grin) We were fortunate to not have severe weather. It all developed south and east of us. All we had was rain. We received about an inch of rain, so no need to water the plants in the garden. They are looking good.
I finished mom's rooster quilt last week. I think she will really like it. I am relieved to have it done in plenty of time for her birthday on the 26th. I will take her to the cemetery, probably on the Saturday before Memorial Day, so I will give it to her then.
I really like how the back looks. I just quilted around the rooster because it was too hard to hand quilt inside it. I used the turquoise fabric for the binding. I really like how it turned out.Our little granddaughter, Izabella, will turn one on Tuesday, May 19th. So we are going to Kansas City on Sunday to help celebrate her first birthday. I asked Haze if she could use some little skirts. She said yes, so I have been busy sewing for Izzie this week. I found this cute lime green fabric with red ladybugs in my stash. I also found a simple dress pattern. I made this up yesterday. It went together quickly, but not without some ohohs. LOL The sleeves were too small to fit on my machine even with the free arm. So I did the best I could with those. Also, I have not used this machine for making much clothing. I usually just piece quilts on it. The little dress has a zipper. So I hooked up my zipper foot and promtly broke a needle. (It was a new needle too.) I figured I had something on my machine set wrong, but I didn't. Can you believe that I had put my zipper foot on backwards? Yep, so the needle came down on metal. Oh well, I got that figured out and the zipper in. That is all that counts. I also made her 3 little skirts. This is the first one I made. As you can see, I started out with ruffles. That didn't last long. LOL These next two fabrics are just so cute. I found them in Wal Mart last weekend. They are very simple. I cut a strip of fabric (WOF) as wide as I needed. Sewed a seam up the back. Put elastic in the top of it and used my machine for a fancy hem stitch. Nothing simpler. They look large, but they aren't. I guess it is because I took closeups of them. The waist measures 16 inches and the length is 8 inches. Should fit Izzie perfectly. Her mom wanted them to come down to her knees. She is the one who took the measurements, so not my fault if they don't fit. LOL