Sunday, July 10, 2011

Henrietta Whiskers 6 and 7

This has been a busy weekend. Remember, I told you about our tick infestation? Well we declared war on them this weekend. LOL I bought a good pair of clippers and gave Buddy a close hair cut. Poor guy doesn't look as cute, but he is cooler and I can find ticks much easier on him. Then on Saturday, I mowed and Kevin weedeated. Everything around  us is now cropped close to the ground. Then we kept the furbabies in so Kevin could spray the yard. So far, so good. No ticks on either of us today.  Kevin  also used the chainsaw to trim up some volunteer elm trees.  Did I say how hot and humid it was this weekend? Oh my goodness, I about got too hot Saturday, so had to sit and cool down.(Honey's orders) Today I got the laundry done while Kevin was piddling on some stuff. Then I cooked him the first zucchini of the year. I forgot to take a picture of it, but you all know what zucchini looks like.

I am caught up on Henrietta Whiskers. I am loving this BOM. Here is block #7. Isn't it cute?
It isn't really this yellow color. I took it last night with my light on. I don't think I ever shared block #6, so here it is.
The purple  you see across the pumpkin is just a stray thread that I neglected to get off before taking the picture. Sorry.

I decided to add the red borders to my Raggedy and Friends quilt. I have them ready. Just need to sew them on. Hope to get that done tomorrow. I picked our first green beans a few days a go. Oh my goodness, they were so good. It only took us a couple of days to eat a whole gallon. Of course I cooked them with a hambone, some onion, and sea salt. Eating just doesn't get any better. Look how green and pretty they were before I cooked them.
While I was down at the garden picking beans, I took this picture of our tomatoes and corn. I wish they would hurry up and get ready. I love tomatoes and corn. LOL
Well, that is it for me tonight. Kevin has already gone to bed, so I guess I might as well go too. I have to get up early for a walk, or it will be too hot. We are under a heat advisory for the next few days. I believe it. LOL Thank  you for visiting and please come again. Have a wonderful week.


Winona

7 comments:

JJ said...

Your garden is looking great and the beans look so goooood. Our beans wont be ready for at least a month. I wouldn't mind a tomato or two but it was such a late spring everything is just a little later this year.

Crispy said...

Good for Kevin making you go cool off. Heat stroke is not a good thing. You blokes are so cute and it's wonderful seeing your bountiful garden. Garden are rather skimpy this year around here.

Crispy

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your blocks are wonderful! Hopefully the spray job has taken care of those nasty ticks. Stay cool :)

Paula said...

Your garden looks wonderful, Winona! I can't wait to have some fresh corn either... I REALLY make a pig of myself with sweet corn. It's not pretty. *grin*
The green beans sound good too... is there room at the table for one more?
Love those quilt blocks- they turned out great! I love both of them but the pumpkin is really cute.

Just Ramblin' said...

Love your blocks. Your garden looks lovely. I can't wait for my green beans to come on so I can make pickled green beans. Wish I had the room to grow corn. Enjoy your day and stay out of the heat. Nola

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Cute quilt blocks. And your garden looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...