Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Flowers and Time for Tea Finished!

Hello everyone. I took an extended break from my blog. I have been dealing with some health issues and just needed to concentrate on that. I haven't even done a lot of quilting. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and things are looking better. I did not want to go on any medications, but just could not get my blood pressure down. I am now taking a BP pill once a day and 2 diabetes pills daily. I am doing better, but still have a ways to go. I go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks for a complete blood workup. I am hoping my healthy eating and exercising for the past couple of months will help with the results. I have also lost about 13 lbs. I'm just taking things one day at a time. Well, enough of that.

I did manage to get a couple of projects completed. First I finished the Spring Flowers table topper. I think it turned out pretty good and was made completely from scraps. (Most sent to me from Cyndi.)
Here is a closeup of one of the flowers.
The back is pieced from some scraps too.
I also finished the little Time for Tea mini quilt. I had lots of fun with this one.
A closeup of the center....
The back....
I have been working on my BOM's too, but I will share them with you later. (grin) Now that I am feeling better, I hope to get back to blogging regularly.

I have also been working in the yard and the garden. We have 5 rows of potatoes and a row of onions all looking very good. They like the cold wet spring we have been having. This past weekend I planted 8 cabbage plants. They looked good this morning when I checked on them. I got the whole garden hoed earlier. I also have 3 rows of green beans planted, but not up yet. I have my tomato, eggplant, and pepper plants, but decided to wait to plant them. We had frost warnings out for the past couple of nights. I am hoping to get them planted this weekend.

I put this Thimbleberries mini quilt together very quickly. I will quilt it when I can get it sandwiched.
One final view of it....
I always seem to come back to fall colors and patterns. (grin) That is all for me today. I will try to start posting a few times a week again. (That is if I can come up with something to post about.LOL) I have lots of updated pictures of the grandkids to share too. We all got together at Carolyn's and Bob's on Easter for a BBQ. It was really good. I even followed my diet. (grin) Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Paula said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love them all.

Rosa said...

Hope yiu feel better everyday.
all your quuilts are fantastic.I love them.

Cyndi said...

I am sooooo happy to see you back...did you get my e-mail I sent recently? I was thinking of you this morning and was going to send another one! I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well, but hopefully your doctor now has you on the meds you need to get you back to feeling like yourself again!

I LOVE your Spring table topper...oh my, that is just too darn cute. What a great use of all of those fabric pieces. And the "Time for Tea" and Thimbleberries both are adorable. You have been a lot busier than me...I haven't gotten much sewing done at all these past few months.

I am glad that you are back...I'll be chatting with you soon for sure!

Love ya,

Cyndi

Angie said...

Your Spring topper is adorable! And your Time for Tea is just too cute. My sisters would love one of those. :) I started my quilt love with Thimbleberries and your pumpkin wallhanging is going to be so beautiful this Fall. :) Hope you are feeling better soon---speaking of exercise, I really really MUST start walking again. *sigh*

~JoAnn~ said...

Winona~ LOve all the quilted pieces but love the time for tea and the thimbleberries the best. HOp you continue to feel better. Miss you blogging. I have been doing NO crafting i just don't seem to be finding the joy in it anymore like I used to.
Blessings, Joann

Paula said...

Winona~ I was so happy when I saw you had posted something... I was getting worried! So sorry you have some health issues... I hope you will get some good news about your BP when you go back.
Your quilts are so pretty~ I LOVE the little "tea" quilt... that is adorable!
Sounds like your garden is going to be wonderful this year... we have really downsized our garden the last couple of years and this year I may just put out some tomatoes and cucumbers and be done with it.
So good to hear from you, dear friend!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

So glad that your health is improving. You have been a busy bee! I love the table topper and the little fall quilt you made!

Janet said...

Nice to have you back again. Congratulations on losing weight. That is so hard for us to do! I hope this helps your BP and diabetes. Losing weight and exercise often helps! Love all your project. I hope to back to blogging again soon too. Take care dear friend.

Crispy said...

I'm so happy you are getting a handle on your health and am feeling much better. Love the spring quilt!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

You do such beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...