Thursday, September 3, 2009

Three Posts in a Row!

Good afternoon,

I figured I'd better post today since tomorrow is grocery day, and I don't usually have time to post on the weekends. We have a 3-day weekend coming up, too. Woohoo! I know Kevin will be happy to have another 3-day weekend. He said something about grilling some burgers, hotdogs, and ring bologna. He loves ring bologna. It is a big treat for him. (grin)

I decided to try Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender method of piecing. So I cut a bunch of light and also dark 2 1/2 inch squares. I keep them to the right of my sewing machine and use them to begin and end each row of chain piecing that I do. I am getting a nice stash of little 2-patch blocks. I also have been sewing the cut off triangles from blocks together instead of tossing them. These make good half square triangle blocks. So, soon I will make a scrap quilt completely out of my leftovers. That makes me feel good.
I have really been enjoying hand quilting of the Noah's Ark quilt. I love doing feathers on blocks where they show up so nice. I almost have the 2nd feather block done, then only 4 more.
I have one of the star blocks quilted and hope to get another one done tonight while watching tv. I said I would share more of the Quilter's Garden. This is block #5 called Lollipop Lily. This is block #6 called Painted Daisy. I have all twelve blocks done, but haven't taken pictures of the rest of them. Now I am trying to decide what fabric to use for the alternate blocks. The blocks are set on point, so I will need 6 alternate blocks and also the setting triangles. Not sure if I want the alternate and setting blocks all the same fabric or 2 different ones. I am thinking a green fabric with branches on it for the alternate blocks and a beige for the setting triangles, but haven't made a decision yet.
I know this is short, but I want to get back to the Noah's Ark. Also Judge Judy is on. I like to watch her and see who she will chew out today. LOL Everyone have a good day. Thanks for visiting.

11 comments:

Beth said...

Those are so pretty! Thanks for sharing your work! Blessings! Beth

Niki said...

Gorgeous!! I love the feathers especially!
Just a note to tell you you're in my draw
Blessings
Niki

Crispy said...

I love your blocks and your quilting is BEAUTIFUL!! Do you have a pattern for the feathers or are you drawing them freehand?

Crispy

blushing rose said...

WOW! I love your blocks, Winona. I know nothing of this, but the colors & creation is beautiful.

TY for offering the prayers for my bil. They are greatly appreciated.

Have a lovely holiday weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

~Bren~ said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love the hand quilted geather wreath! The blocks are beautiful. Have a great 3 day weekend!

Sewing Junkie said...

The block are really lovely and the hand quilting is over the top. I need to get back to my quilting. Keep up the good work. Chris

Paula said...

Kevin is a man after my own heart, Winona- I love fried bologna!! (Poor man's bacon as we call it! LOL)
The quilts are coming along beautifully- can't wait to see them when they're finished. Your hand work on the Noah's Ark quilt is wonderful!

Niki said...

you do the most beautiful hand quilting Winona. I love the idea of the scrap quilt from your throw away bits...I'm going to try to do the same, I think

Have a wonderful week
Niki

rick said...

Greetings, Winona! I love your work. Beautiful quilting stitches and lovely blocks. (Crispy sent me over. I'm new around here). Thanks for sharing these examples of fine workmanship.

rick

Unknown said...

Winona those blocks are beautiful and good on you making use of your offcuts .

Myra said...

Your blocks and your hand-quilting are wonderful Winona! Awesome! 8-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...