Sunday, June 8, 2014

Just an average Sunday!

   Our weekends are usually pretty laid back since the kids have all moved out. On Saturdays I head to St. Joe to get groceries, do laundry, and run any errands I need to do. By the time I get home, I am usually beat. LOL So all I do is put stuff away, then the rest of the day is mine to relax. (grin)
   Sundays mornings were always spent with MIL. Since she has been gone, we are kind of lost on Sundays. So we piddled for a while in the shop. Kevin has been cleaning it and I burn the nasty stuff he is digging out of it. Now why did we collect 3 trash barrels full of newspapers? LOL We can neither one remember the reasoning for it. LOL Also, never let those feed bags pile up. I bet we burned over a hundred feed sacks today. From now on when I empty a bag in the cans, I will take that bag right over to the burn barrel. We keep all of our feed in metal trash cans. These work so good to keep moisture and rodents out of that expensive feed. I have four of them lined up: first the duck food, then the chick grower, the layer, and last the rabbit food. I took my permanent marker down and wrote on the lids. Kevin moved them around while I was gone. Yikes! Thankfully I could tell which feed went to which animals. LOL Since Kevin never feeds them, if he ever needs to for some reason, he will need to know what to feed who. Right? LOL
   Yesterday I picked up 2 beef roasts and a package of skinless, boneless chicken breasts. This morning we drug out our meat grinder and ground all this up. Then I made patties and Kevin grilled 18 hamburgers, 13 chicken burgers, and 4 packages of hot dogs. We had a wonderful meal for dinner and will have for supper. After everything cooled down, we vacuum sealed all the extra for the freezer. This way any time we want some BBQ, all I have to do is thaw it out.
   I have been hard at work on the log cabin quilt for my niece Hayley. She is getting married on Aug. 16th of this year. Yikes! I now have all of the blocks done, but still have to sew them together. I plan to hand quilt this, but now I wonder if I can realistically expect to have it done in time. I have so much else to do this summer. Why did I wait so long to get started on this? Anyway, here are a few of the blocks. I am using red for the center and creams and earth colors for the logs.
   Not a very good picture, but best I could get.
   We got another 7/10 inch of rain yesterday. Oh my goodness, the garden is a weedy mess. As soon as it dries out, I will need to spend a couple of hours every morning weeding. We are also trying to build a run for the growing chicks and the ducks. The yard needs mowed again. The chores around here in the summer are never ending. LOL I will soon be canning, freezing, and dehydrating. Looks like I will have to put in some late nights if I even want to attempt to get this done in time. The plan is just plain straight quilting lines in the logs.
   Kevin still thinks Dani is a boy. I hope he is right. Dani was a naughty boy this morning. He found a place where I had not put wire in the trusses between his and Copper's cage. Well, he started jumping over this and into her cage. I took him out 4 times before I figured out where he was getting through. It is fixed now and Dani is pouting. LOL
Well, I guess that is it for today. Have a great day!





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you kept busy this weekend. Good idea BBQ'n up all that meat. Something else that doesn't have to be done while you are dealing with that big garden. I need to do this too, but I spent most of the weekend cleaning instead.

Unknown said...

that is great. Lovely work you have done so far Lost and found

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
superman said...

Latest music and videos with royalty free play bazaar music and videos are availble on the website and you can find the Games satta king results and latest and old live games results. Find the all live chart. Play Bazaars games,

play bazaar said...

Find the right environment and occupation for you. Instead of working extremely hard and pushing your limits constantly, find the right spot for you. Perhaps certain jobs are not for you; look for something where you feel at ease and feel good about accomplishing things. Perhaps you should move away to the countryside or the city to feel better. satta king

Shafira Aulia said...

"Thank you for nice information
Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...