Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Finished Redwork Barns and Sunflowers!

Good morning everyone,

It is a cool and refreshing morning here. I am thinking maybe fall will be early this year. At least that horrible heat and humidity has left us. Of course, they say the heat is coming back towards the end of the week, but it shouldn't last too long. We are on the down hill side of August. Hard to believe it is almost September! Where did this year go?

I have been so wrapped up with training Buddy, that I forgot to post about my Redwork Barns and Sunflowers wall quilt. I finished sewing the binding down last week. I really like how this one turned out.
Ehhh, Blogger is changing things again. I liked things the way they were. I am a creature of habit and hate having to learn new stuff for my blog, especially when it was working just fine before the changes. LOL
As you can see, Callie approves.
Here are a few closeups of some of the barns. I did this embroidery over two years ago. I was just learning to do redwork. I did these while in Kansas City watching Noah when Izabella was born.
Of course we have to see the back, although the fabric is so busy the quilting doesn't show up real well.
This wall quilt was just pure fun to work on, even if it did take me over two years to get it done. LOL

Things are getting much better with Buddy. He whines a couple of times when I first put him in his crate at night, but then sleeps all night without a fuss. He even took a nap in his crate yesterday with the door open. He still likes to bark at the cats, but I think he is just being a brat when he does it. I laughed yesterday. He had been annoying Callie all morning. She was laying on the bed. He would run up and put his front paws on the bed and bark at her, then run away. He did it one time too many. LOL Quicker than a flash, she hissed, growled and slapped him upside his head. You should have seen the look on his face. LOL Guess he got the message, because he left her alone the whole rest of the day. She didn't hurt him, just took him by surprise. It was funny to watch.

I did some sewing yesterday. Callie was right there on my cutting mat, so things are getting back to normal. Buddy slept on the floor behind me. Aeris is still refusing to come anywhere near him. (big sigh)  I finally got the 4 patches done for the Charm Square Quilt Along. Today I  hope to put the blocks together. I have 12 out of 35 blocks quilted for Bob's Patriotic Shoo Fly quilt. It is moving right along. Of course the blocks are only 9 inches square and I am doing a simple, simple quilting design. The fabric is just too busy to show any elaborate quilting. Also, I think I would have been better off using white thread instead of red. The red doesn't show up very good.  Oh well, it is what it is. No way I am taking all of that out. LOL

Well, I guess that is it for this post. I want to run in and get a paper. Today has the grocery ads and this is grocery week. We have a convenience store/gas station about 5 miles away, so I don't mind making a special trip on Wednesdays to get a paper. Everyone have a great day. Thanks for visiting and please come again.

14 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh Winona, I love love love it!!!!!!! The rustic barns and the redwork are amazing! Keep up the good work and if you sell this I want it lol.

Laurie

Pat said...

That barn/sunflower quilt is GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing photos with us.

Myra said...

The quilt is wonderful Winona!!! Love it! 8-)

Sounds like you are having your "fun" with everyone getting adjusted to having baby Buddy in the house... This too shall all pass.... 8-)

Hope you are getting your sleep! As I recall, fur-babies can get you up quite a bit during the night!!! But it is sooooo worth it!!! lol!

Cathi said...

What a great wallhanging! I love it.

Buddy will soon learn that annoying kitties only goes so far -- they'll let him know when he's overstepped.

Libby said...

I love barns and redwork so I think that is one beautiful quilt!!

Just Ramblin' said...

I love your redwork barns. Enlarged the picture so I could see things up close. You did an awesome job and I adore the sunflower fabric. Good job! Nola

Crispy said...

Oooo I love this!! The sunflower fabric was a perfect choice :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

Wow, Winona, Has it really been 2 years since Izabella was born? I had to look in your side bar to see her pic to convince myself, lol. I remember you starting on those redwork blocks. Time really flies!!
It looks great by the way!!
Dana

Teresa said...

Beautiful, Winona! The sunflowers and gold binding really ties it all together. I can just imagine an old abandoned barn, surrounded by a field of sunflowers!

love you,
Teresa

Cyndi said...

Winona, your sunflower and barns quilt is perfect! I love it. Are you going to hang it some where special?

You are a very busy woman, my friend. Between training Buddy, refereeing he and the cats, taking care of your hubby and home, and all of your quilting, do you ever find time to rest? LOL!!!

Regarding Buddy and Callie...a few slaps upside the head is all it will take for Buddy to get the idea that he is not the "alpha". That's how Buster and Noah defined their relationship, and they are great friends now. Wilson did what Aeris is doing...running and hiding. But before too long, they will be friends, too!

Have fun with the groceries! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hearing your Buddy tails almost makes me want a puppy, too! :)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! The redwork is so nicely done, beautiful fabric choices, and the quilting is lovely! Your projects are so imsiring!

Blessings!
~Lisa

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Oh I have such a weakness for red work, and these barns are so charming. Great quilt

Karmen said...

Redwork and sunflowers; I love it! (Puppies can be so trying. Hang in there.) Karmen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...