Friday, August 14, 2009

Sidetracked....

Good evening,

It was a nice day, hot, but less humidity. I got all my work done up this morning so I could work on some goal quilts this afternoon. Then I got sidetracked. LOL We are going to Carolyn and Bob's for a BBQ tomorrow. I promised Bob last Christmas that I would make him a case for his GPS. He saw Kevin's little hand held GPS with the case I made for it and asked me to make him one. Well, 8 months later, I finally did it. (grin) I think he will like it. Kevin has a bigger GPS now, similar to Bob's, so I used it to make the pattern. I hope Bob likes blue.
Here's the back. I made it so he can wear it on his belt or put it in his shirt pocket. The flap closes with velcro. Well, I got this all done for Bob, then I happened to think that I needed a strap for my camera bag. I broke it last summer. I always carry my camera around my neck when we go somewhere. I haven't been able to do that for the past year. (Eye roll here) I know I could just buy another case for about $5, but there is nothing wrong with my case, just the strap. I tend to lay my camera down and forget where I put it when it isn't around my neck. LOL So I looked around and found some of the leftovers from Froggy Went a Courtin' that I haven't added to my scrap bins yet. Hmmm, I came up with an idea. Some scraps and some fusible fleece and I am in business. What do you think? It isn't perfect by no means, but works for what I want and I used up some scraps. Now I have a question for you. How do I get this black junk off of the bottom of my iron? I kind of screwed up a little bit with the fusible fleece and this is the results. When I work with any kind of fusibles I always use my old iron. It has been dropped so many times that it leaks water, but it still heats fine, so I use it as a dry iron. I am not sure why I used my good iron today. (Sigh) I hope someone has some ideas. It looks nasty. While cleaning last week, I came across my crochet thread stash. I haven't touched crochet thread since I started quilting. I still like to crochet with yarn, but not thread. Carolyn makes beautiful things with crochet thread. So I am taking my stash to her. No point in it taking up room here. She might as well get some good out of it. Well, I am off to watch the last of the Neil Diamond special. I have had my tv blaring so I could hear it. He still sings great! I won't have time to be on the computer much this weekend, so hopefully I will be back next week. Since this weekend marks the middle of August, I need to hustle next week! LOL Everyone have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Crispy said...

The GPS case is wonderful and the strap works just fine.

Have a great weekend!!

Crispy

~JoAnn~ said...

Winona~ I just love that froggy fabric. I am sure that Bob will just love the GPS holder. You are quite talented. Hope you had a wonderful time with your family.
Blessings,Joann

Jenny said...

Hi Winona. I get all sorts on the bottom of my iron and I sometimes find a small amount of olive oil will soak it off. Failing that, a green scouring pad often does the trick but use it gently! I love Neil Diamond too, saw him live at the NEC in Birmingham (UK) about 20 years ago - fantastic!

Paula said...

Neat little bag, Winona! Hubby has been needing a cell phone case to wear on his belt- I might be able to make him one! Thanks for sharing such a neat idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...