Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I have a goal!

Good afternoon,

I know it has been 2 weeks since I posted, but I have been busy and didn't really have much to blog about. Now I have come up with a plan. Several quilters in blogland are trying to finish up things in August. (Big sigh!) I have so many projects to finish. After reading Bren's blog about how she continued on with her Basket Case quilt even though she had lots of problems with it, I decided I needed to finish some of these tops. Bren's Basket Case is beautiful, by the way. You should go to her blog and check it out.

So my goal for August is to get the 4 quilts (5 if I count Birds and Blooms) done to flimsy stage. I also have 2 quilts that I am hand quilting at the moment. I want to get them complete, bindings and all. I might even try to throw in a couple of shirts for Kevin. Nope, still haven't made his shirts. LOL I know this sounds like a lot, but I don't plan to let myself start another project till I have these done. So to be accountable, I am posting about it here. I will try to keep you all updated on my progress, but if I spend time on the computer, I don't have time for quilting. LOL

First I want to finish to flimsy stage the Frog quilt. I have half the blocks done and the rest of it cut out, so hope to have it pieced by tomorrow. This is a baby quilt, so not real big. There are 12 blocks in it. The blocks measure 10 inches square finished.
Next up is my Green Star Quilt Along quilt. It was a quilt along on Amanda Jean's blog a long time ago. All that I need to do for this one is put the borders on it. It is large, queen size I think. I really love how this one looks. Just need to get those borders on it.
I have Double Delight cut out, but need to get it finished. It was a mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. I love the way everyone elses turned out, but hate trimming. Half of the blocks have lots of trimming. I have all of the double 9-patch blocks done, but the square in a square blocks still need lots of work. These are the 2 basic blocks for this quilt. I didn't go scrappy as Bonnie did. I think it will be really pretty once it is finished. I just need to bite the bullet and get those square in a square blocks done.I started A Quilter's Garden over a year ago. It is a Thimbleberries' pattern. I have the flower blocks all cut out and 4 of them done. That is all, so this one will take the most time. Here is what it should look like, except with my fabric choices, of course.
Of course, I will continue to work on the Birds and Blooms quilt. I have the bottom applique done, so just 3 more sides of applique, then I can make and put on the border with all those HST's (half square triangles). LOL I have a new ruler for those, that is supposed to make it much easier. I hope so.
I am quite a bit over half done on the Disappearing Nine Patch. I had planned to have this one done in May. That didn't happen, so it got put on hold while I worked on other projects. It is wrinkled because it has been sort of folded beside my rocker, patiently waiting for me to get back to it. LOL Can you believe that I am having trouble figuring out which color thread I used to quilt it. Why didn't I put the thread I was using with the quilt? Hmmm, it is either white or off white. I am over half done on Harbor Town. This one has been lots of fun for me. It is basically just straight stitching. Well, there you have it. Do you think I can get all of these done in August? Maybe I am just spitting in the wind, but I thought I would be more apt to work on these if I posted about them. LOL We do have alot going on right now, but I still have lots of free time while Kevin is at work. If I don't meet my goal this month, I will just continue on in September. I definitely have plenty of handquilting to keep me busy this winter. (grin) As I said, I will try to keep you updated, but it will probably be smaller posts with less pictures. Uploading pictures on here takes a long time.
Thank you to everyone who wished us happy anniversary. We had a good time. Also thank you for visiting my blog. Please come again. Have a good day.

9 comments:

~JoAnn~ said...

Winona~ I am postitive you will get them all done...got to think positively :)
Thanks for the nice comment about the purse, and I am feeling much better.
Can't wait to see the end products, I just love all the colors in all your quilts, especially the green star one.
Happy stitching to you..
Blessings,Joann

~Bren~ said...

I don't know....that is a TALL order! Especially in August when your garden will be going NUTS! Of course if anyone could do it you can!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the green stars...but all your quilts are beautiful!
I plan to quilt on the baskets and I have to piece a baby fence rail quilt before the end of the weekend...I have yet to cut one piece. Out come all those pastels again....*sigh*

~Bren~ said...

And, hey....don't go 2 weeks again without posting, eh?? Some of us really missed you!

Crispy said...

Hey Winona if you get them all done we will give you a huge cheer, if you don't we will just keep cheering you on. So many pretty projects, I look forward to seeing the end result. If you are spitting into the wind, just remember to duck LOL.

Crispy

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Hi Winona I'm with you on trying to finish up some projects before starting new. I am really busy on two projects and making head way! I have quite a few tops though waiting in line for hand quilting and I fear I will never get caught up :) that is because more ideas are in my head for tops and the quilting just doesn't get caught up. I like Bren's Basket Case too - a good job for sure.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Coleen said...

Winona, you've sure got your work cut out for you (pun intended). All I can say is "I know I wouldn't be able to do it all". Good Luck!

Beth said...

Wow!!! Those are just beautiful! I wish you all the luck in the world getting them done!!

Paula said...

Goodness, Winona... that's a lot of projects to finish! I know you can do it, but if I had all that to do in less than a month, I'd go to the nearest bridge and jump! LOL
Poor Kevin may have to wait a while on those shirts... I want to see your finished quilts! I llove the green star- the colors in it are gorgeous. By the way, when you said "get them to the flimsy stage", do you mean the quilt tops? (Forgive me... you know I'm all the time asking you dumb questions! LOL)

tiffibug said...

You have sooooo many!
I just love the Green Star quilt. It's gorgeous!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...