Monday, March 23, 2009

I have a new toy!

Good afternoon,
Another week has almost passed since I posted. I just can't seem to get with it enough to post more than once a week. I guess once a week is better than none, right? LOL We had a beautiful weekend here in northwest Missouri. Dh and I spent most of it outside. Now today is another story. The wind is blowing so hard that our house is shaking. We have a wind advisory in affect. Even have some storms coming in. But back to the weekend. (grin) Friday I made a quick trip to the bank and grocery store. I also wanted to get the license for our car, but the DMV was packed. I waited in line for 30 minutes and there were still 8 people ahead of me, so I just came on home. I knew we had to go to town on Saturday anyway. I was so proud of myself when I came out of the grocery store. I only bought healthy things, mostly veggies. They had several things on sale, so I stocked up. My fridge is full. That is such a good feeling. I love peppers. They had yellow, orange, red and green peppers on sale. I bought some of each. I took a picture of the bright colored ones as I was chopping them. I like to chop them up and freeze them. Then I can use them in about everything I cook. LOL I just open the bag and take out a handfull, then fasten the bag back. Works great for me. Look how pretty these are.
I have them all chopped up and in the freezer. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of them before I chopped up the orange and yellow peppers. They were so pretty. The green ones are still in the fridge waiting me to make stuffed peppers out of them. I could about live off of those. LOL I also got some zucchini, eggplant, asparagus (I only buy this in early spring as it costs too much at other times. It was $1.99 per lb.), cabbage, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocadoes, onions, cucumbers, blackberries, and several different varieties of lettuce. See, I told you I bought healthy stuff. LOL I also got a good deal on diet lean burger, $1.39 per lb. So it cost me about $65 to stock up my fridge with healthy stuff for us to eat this week. I was really happy about that.

Saturday was a busy day. We were at the license bureau 15 minutes before it opened and there was already a line. Goodness, they are a busy place. We finally got our license, I stopped at the post office, paid our insurance for 6 months, then headed off to pick up my glasses. I really like them. I got the transition lenses. It is so nice to not have to always pick up the clip ons every time I want to go outside. I also picked up the few things I needed from Wal Mart. Kevin told me he was going to look at something back in lawn and garden and for me to meet him back there when I was done. Look what he bought me. I call her Katie. LOL
Here is another view of her. Isn't she pretty? We have a wonderful 8 Horse Troybilt rear tine tiller. It is too heavy for me to run. Well, really not run, but to turn at the end of the rows. It just kills my upper back and shoulders. So Kevin has to do all of the tilling. The only bad thing about that is that he doesn't always have time to do it when I need or want it done. (grin). He had told me he would get me a tiller I could run this spring, then the economy took a dive and we decided to wait. I was disappointed, but understood. So I was really surprised when he wanted to buy this for me. I used it to till the first section of our garden. I actually tilled it 2 times. I can turn it with ease at the end of the rows. Now if the wind would just lay enough for me to plant some stuff. I figure there is no point in planting the neighbor's field. LOL While I was playing with Katie, Kevin was putting new wheel bearings in the car. He changed them both. Now that was a messy job. LOL He was rather greasy when I came up from the garden.

I am so behind on starting my indoor veggies. I usually start them by the 15th of March at least, but this year they were started on the 23rd. Should be all right, though. I would rather plant things out in the garden a little late than early anyway. Here I have things laid out ready for me to begin. I planted 4 different varieties of tomatoes, 2 varieties of sweet peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant, cabbage, and basil. They are covered with plastic and hopefully germinating. I will peek daily to check for little sprouts. I have been busy working on some quilting stuff, but nothing finished, so no pictures really. I will share a picture of a top that I made last year. I think I will get it sandwiched and ready to quilt soon. It was an online quilt along from Judy L. I'm not sure what she called it, but I call it Shadowy Stars. I don't think I have shared it on here before.
Here is a closeup of the stars. I actually love the way this turned out. I am anxious to start on it, but it will probably be at least a month. I have a few projects that have to be completed first. Well, I think that is enough for me today. I bought some pretty fabric at Wal Mart, but I will save the pictures of that for tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful evening. I think the storms are getting closer because it is getting really dark here and I heard them say on tv that our county is under a flash flood watch. So I need to get off the computer. Thanks for visiting and please come again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I ordered my liscense today online. In Indiana you save $5 for ordering online so for all our farm vehicles I had a pretty good savings. No standing in line for this girl! LOL!
Your quilt is pretty and I'm thinking I wouldn't mind a new tiller. Hmmmm......

Michelle said...

You have been busy, but it sounds like you are very happy. Congratulations on your new toy.
Michelle

~JoAnn~ said...

Winona~ Love your new toy and your quilt top very pretty colors. I got your e-mail and will get back to you about that darned wallet as soon as I get a chance...just busy, busy here lately.
Blessings,Joann
Oh so good to see you back!!

Kristie said...

Lucky You! Love the new tiller! We have an old one but like you said it is rather heavy and hard for me to use.

Your new quilt is beautiful! Very nice job!
Kristie

~Bren~ said...

Katie is darling!!! What a great workout she will give you ;)
Your peppers are pretty. I love peppers too and will get some freezer bags and do mine the same way. I had not thought of that. I started that Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start and lost 3 pounds in 2 days. Look at Walmart and see if they have it. It is worth the buy!
The quilt is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...