Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thoughts in Thread

This has been a very busy month. I have a project in progress that has to be done by the end of the month, but I can't show it just yet. I have also had lots of outside work to do. We have finally gotten a little rain. Not really enough, but every little bit helps. I am also slowly working on my BOMs. Of course I am behind again. LOL What is new. I don't remember if I have shared any of these blocks or not, but if so, you get to see them again. LOL This BOM is called Thoughts in Thread by Val Laird. It is so cute.

Here is block one....
Here is block two...
Block three....
Block four...
Block five in progress....
Block six is cute as can be. It has an owl in it. (grin) I still need to get the block made and trace the design on it.

Look what my honey made for me yesterday morning. Our Sassy rabbit is due on June 26th and Sara on July 8th. So Kevin made me these nest boxes. They should be plenty roomy enough for our does and their litters.
Please overlook the stuff in the background. Our microwave recently bit the dust and we still need to get rid of it, plus Kevin sat the propane bottle up on the deck for some reason. Hmmm, I guess I should have moved things before taking the picture. LOL

We spent most of Saturday getting the big chicken house ready for my young pullets. Kevin got the gate posts set for their run. Now we just need to build the gate and check out the fence. Then their run will be ready for them. They are loving all the space. I go down to their house and just sit and watch them.
Hard to believe they have grown this much in just 6 weeks. The ducks have grown even more, but I didn't get a good picture of them.

Well, that is all for today. I need to get back to work. Thanks for visiting and please come again. Have a good one.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Your BOM blocks are beautiful. The quilt will be too!

Paula said...

Your blocks are wonderful, Winona! I can't wait to see the owl~ I hope you put a picture of it up too...
*hint hint* :)
Glad you all got some rain~ everything here is turning brown, not just from the lack of rain but the heat too... it's been in the 90's for the past week and no end in sight.
Your girls are really growing! It won't be long until they will be making your breakfast! (Just not in the kitchen....*grin*)
Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week, dear friend.

Teresa said...

Beautiful, Winona! I love the colors. I think this may be one of my favorites, the other favorite you've done is the Birdie Stitches.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Winona, I read about your snake experiences on the Homemaking/Homestead site and you are one brave lady! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Just read your previous blog on big stitch quilting. Beautiful work. Should the stitches be about a quarter inch when doing big stitch quilting? Nancy

Anonymous said...

Your "thoughts" are so adorable! Great work!

superman said...

Latest music and videos with royalty free play bazaar music and videos are availble on the website and you can find the Games satta king results and latest and old live games results. Find the all live chart. Play Bazaars games,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...