Thursday, November 17, 2011

Daisy Star is done!

It got cold last night. We had 20* this morning at 7 a.m. I told Kevin I think that is enough of winter. Now we can go back to 70*. LOL I wish. It is about 34* now, so I doubt that it will get above 40* today. The wind is brisk too, so I plan to stay in the house today. Country Mart has a good sale this week, so Kevin told me to go stock up on some stuff. Good thing I went today, because they were already getting low on some things and were completely out of the $1.98 butter. Bummer. I did end up with some butter at Green Hills for $2.29. That isn't too bad. I now have everything we need for our Thanksgiving dinner.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 3 month check-up. Now I am waiting to hear the results of the blood work.She had to stick me twice to get the blood. She noted on my chart that I am hard to get blood out of. (grin) I also decided to get a flu shot. I had never had one before, but had a bad case of flu last winter. I don't want a repeat of that. So today my arm is sore and I am stuffy and congested. Not blaming the flu shot, but I was perfectly fine before I got it.

I have been working hard on Christmas gifts. Of course, I am not where I hoped to be by this time of the month, but I am chugging along. Last night I put together the cutest little tree block quilt from this issue of McCall's Quick Quilts. I really love it. I may machine quilt it today, since time is escaping me. Here is the tree quilt.
Isn't this cute? I may even go by Hobby Lobby this weekend and see if I can find some mini-ornaments to decorate it.  I tried not to have any alike pieces beside each other, but after ripping out a couple of times decided this was good enough.
I also finished sewing the binding on the Daisy Star. I am glad to have it done. I think I will give it to Hazel for Christmas. She doesn't read my blog, so I can safely share it on here.  I laid it out on our deck since Kevin wasn't home to hold it up for me.
I'll share a couple more shots of it.  The little spot in the lower right corner above is a leaf. (grin)
Here is the back of it. I used fabrics leftover from the front to give it a scrappy binding.

Well, I'd better get back to work on gifts. Kevin has all of next week off, so I'm not sure how much I will get done. I need to have hand projects ready because he likes me to sit and watch tv with him. (grin) Thank you for visiting and please come again. Have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Lee said...

Your Christmas tree is very cute, and the Daisy Star, totally lovely!
I hope you have a wonderful day too!

Pat said...

I saw that Christmas tree project in Quick Quilts and you did a nice job with it. I also love the Daisy Star quilt!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow, what a lot of progress. Love those finishes. I had to laugh about drawing blood. I've been told it would be easier to get it out of a stone. Funny because if I stab my finger with a needle, there is some there.

Karen said...

The tree quilt reminds me of a similar one I made years ago. The branches were not composed of pieced rows, though. I like the idea of the piecing instead of a single green for a row.

Janet said...

You have been busy. You get so much done. I love the tree and the Daisy Star is lovely. Have fun with Kevin next week. :)

I'm Myra said...

Darling tree quilt Winona, and I love your Daisy Star!!! Its beautiful!! 8-)

Paula said...

I don't know how I missed this post, Winona~ I just now saw the date... I'm almost a week behind!
Love the quilt but especially the backing~ those colors are wonderful.
I ordered some fabric online today for the first time... not really sure how I'm going to like it but it's kinda exciting to have some surprises coming. *grin*. Charlotte (from the blog EMZ-Piney Post) told me about a fabric and quilting site she orders from called Connecting Threads- have you heard of it? It has some very nice things but I still wish I had a fabric store close by so I could see the fabric in person. Oh well, that's what I get for living out in the sticks... *hehe*
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Barb said...

I hope you are doing ok, we missed you at Thimbleberries.

I love love love that quilt!!! Your tree is just adorable!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...