Monday, September 27, 2010

I Have to Buy a Klutz Glove!

I had a little mishap this weekend. I was busy working on a couple of Bow Tucks bags. I decided to do two at a time. I doubt that I will do that again. It seems to take forever to get to the next step. Oh well. I now have the pieces ready to put together for 2 Bow Tucks bags.
I was working away and doing some trimming with this.
I somehow managed to get my left pointer finger in the way. I won't show you a picture of it, because it kind of makes me sick to look at it, but here it is with the bandage on it.
It is not bad. I have had worse cuts when dressing chickens. I got it to stop bleeding, then bandaged it up. It hurt a little, but now only hurts if I bump it. I didn't even freak out, but Kevin did! Oh my goodness! You would have thought I had cut the whole end of my finger off. (big sigh) I got to hear a whole lecture on how dangerous the rotary cutter is and how I need to pay attention when using it. (eye roll here) Of course I had to cut myself the first time in four years of using this cutter while Kevin was home. LOL  He made me promise that the next time I go to town I will buy one of the klutz gloves. He knows about these from watching Fons and Porter with me. (grin)  He wanted to know why I did not have one. Ok, I will buy a klutz glove. (I may not use it much, but don't tell him. OK?)  So then things settled down and I decided to get back to sewing. Hmmm, then I was told that I have to pay attention, because the sewing machine needle is dangerous as well. OK, enough already. I gave him the look, so he went about his business. LOL I really do appreciate the fact that Kevin is concerned for me, but come on. He does way more dangerous things that this. OK, so maybe I do a little bit of the lecturing about being careful too. (grin)  Anyway, no more accidents happened and I am now ready to put the bags together.

I also worked on the borders of Bob's quilt. I am more than half done with the first border. It doesn't look like I will be done by the end of the month, but it is what it is. LOL I will continue working. I am loving the blog hops this week. Sorry, I didn't think to get the links, but they are pretty easy to find. The free table runner pattern that Gudrun posted on her blog is cute as can be. I am seriously thinking about working on it this afternoon, instead of the things I should be doing. (grin) 

Everyone have a great day. Thanks for visiting and please come again. Hopefully, I will have something better to show soon. LOL

15 comments:

Zlaty said...

So sorry for your finger! I hope it heals very fast so you can get back to sewing!

Libby said...

OUCH! Poor You! When I worked at th lqs we were busy cutting away, place full of customners. all of a sudden the owber says "I'll be right back" and walked off. I thought "excuse me! We are very busy!!" She had cut the edge of her finger off and just calmly walked to the back to bandage it!!! Not me!! I would have rolled around on the floor kicking and screaming!! If I cut myself I'm calling your Kevin! I know that he will understand!

Libby said...

oops! I meant to type "the owner" I really need to proof read my comments!

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

sorry about your finger haven't cut my fingers with a rotary cutter, YET, also need a klutz glove and Kevin is right the needle, it is a dangerous thing ...............have sewn through my finger not only once but twice, one time breaking the needle off in my finger............one word, don't shirr elastic both times that is what I was doing. take care of those appendages you may need them!!!

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

Geez, I need to re-read and punctuate my comments! SORRY! You can read "idiot font" right?

Pat said...

Oh...I'm sorry about your rotary cutting accident. Maybe you can tell hubby that if he really insists you shouldn't use the rotary cutter very much, he can buy you a GO cutter and some of the dies instead!!! :)

Terry said...

Glad your finger isn't hurt too badly, and thanks for not showing your cut on your blog. That's just more than I need to see! LOL

Anonymous said...

OooooOUCH!!!! This is the 2nd injury I've heard of this week in the sewing room. Another gal's needle flew out of the Bernina and she couldn't find it. She realized her finger had blood and it turns out the needle was imbedded under the skin! OUCH!!! Mail was sent your way today.

Julie Fukuda said...

I never heard of such a thing as a glove for quilters. I get a bit exaspirated at wood carvers that want to teach Boy Scouts how to use a knife wearing gloves. Better to pay attention to what one is doing and if that fails...don't bleed on the quilt!

Crispy said...

OUCHY!!! Ya know, if you keep your little finger over the outside edge of the ruler, your pointy finger won't get too close to that blade LOL. See what happens if you let your hubby watch quilting shows? Too much information is not good for them :0)

Crispy

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Fingers and cutters are not friends - but you already knew that - and if you didn't, I'm sure Kevin told you - LOL!

Quilting Lab said...

Oh, A hazard of creativeness! Happy healing and you have the best overly concerned (eye roll) DH!!! LOL

Debi said...

I can so relate...let's say more than once! The fabrics you are using in your bags is beautiful. Get better soon!

Jessica said...

I somehow managed to cut my right hand not too long ago. I am right handed so how I cut it I do not know! Those blades are sharp!

Cathi said...

Ouch!! I hope it's healing quickly. I'm always a bit nervous when using a rotary cutter -- think I should get a klutz glove too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...